Superfluous Hump Facts of the Week
Did you know?
* Dalmatians are born without spots.
* The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it’s already been digested by a bee.
* Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
* Recycling one glass jar, saves enough energy to watch T.V for 3 hours.
* Reindeer like to eat bananas.
* Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
* An Earth day is not 24 hours long. It’s actually 23h, 56m, 4s which is the time that the planet needs to rotate on its own axis.
* There are no land snakes in New Zealand. It’s part of New Zealand’s bio security to keep all snakes out and if a person is aware of a snake, by law it must be reported.
* A Leopard seal once tried to teach a photographer how to hunt!
* If you squeeze your nose together where no air goes in or out, you can’t hum. Try it!
* Windmills all over the world go counterclockwise but the ones in Ireland go clockwise.
* Solar energy can only be produced during daylight to make electricity. That energy has to be used during the night but the production stops when the sun goes down.
* Crocodiles cannot stick their tongues out.
* In a year, the regular person makes over 1100 phone calls.
* On average, the hearing of women is better than that of men but men are usually capable of reading smaller print.
* Lizards communicate by doing push ups!
* A bolt of lightning is powerful enough to toast 160,000 pieces of bread
* Despite Their Hump... Camels Have a Straight Spine!
* Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
* Over 1000 birds a year die from smashing into windows.
* Owls are one of the only birds who can see the color blue.
* "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
* If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
* If NASA sent birds into space they would soon die; they need gravity to swallow.
* When exercising and using a skipping rope, you use every muscle in your body
* Honeybees have hair on their eyes.
* Human teeth are almost as hard as rocks.
* Every person has a unique tongue print.
* Every time Beethoven sat down to write music, he poured ice water over his head.
* Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
* The average person laughs 15 times per day.
* Four out of five people over 100 years old are women.
* A slug has four noses
* Twelve people have walked on the moon.
* There are no land snakes in New Zealand.
* About 1 out of every 2 million people will die by falling out of bed.
* The only animal with four knees is the elephant.
* There is no word in the English language that rhymes with the word month
* Human brains are estimated to be 70 - 75% H2O.
* The tallest girl in the world ever recorded was 8 feet 2 inches tall and died at the young age of 17.
* It takes about 7 minutes for the average person to fall asleep.
* There are 31,557,600 seconds in a year.
* If the human stomach doesn't produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks it will totally digest itself.
* Approximately one fifth of all the publications from Japan are comic books.
* When water freezes it expands by 10%.
* Buttermilk does not contain any butter.
* For a butterfly to fly it must have a body temperature of no less than 89 degrees celsius.
* Squirrels forget where about 50% of the nuts they've hidden are.
* The colour of a hens earlobes will usually determine the colour of the egg shell.
* Most people shed between 50 to 100 hairs everyday.
* The largest milk producing company by volume in the whole world is India.
* People scared of going to the dentist or suffer having dental work may have a phobia called ondontophobia.
* It takes 20 different muscles to form a kiss.
* It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body.
* If the average man never trimmed his beard, it would grow to nearly 30 feet long in his lifetime.
* Peanuts are beans.
* Neil Armstrong stepped on the moon with his left foot first.
* No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
*The red sea is not red.
*The hair on a polar bear is not white, but clear. They reflect light, so they appear white.
*Some large clouds store enough water for 500000 showers
*Wine is kept in tinted bottles because it will spoil if it's exposed to light.
*The yo-yo was originally a weapon in the Philippines.
*The only difference between brown eyes and every other colored eyes is that brown eyes have more pigment
*The first toilet paper was invented in 1880, but it didn't come on a roll. Instead it came as a box, like tissues.
*A third of people flush their toilet while they're still sitting on it.
*Toilets are in tune: most toilets flush to E flat.
*It takes approximately 1 million years for a glass bottle to break down in a landfill.
*Recycling 125 aluminium cans saves enough energy to power one home for 1 day.
*Battery acid is recycled by converting it to sodium sulfate for laundry detergent, glass and textile manufacturing.
*Many people who read the word yawn or yawning begin to feel the urge to yawn.
*In 1938, Time Magazine chose Adolf Hitler for man of the year.
*Most people shed between 50 to 100 hairs every day.
*Penguins can convert salt water into fresh water.
*Your nose remembers 50,000 scents
*On the 24th October 1945, the United Nations was founded
*We blink eyes 25 times each minute.
*Thomas Edison, lightbulb inventor, was afraid of the dark
*The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning its head are the rabbit and the parrot.
*64% of women think about their to do lists in the shower compared to 48% of men
*Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to run a 100 watt light bulb for 20 hours, a computer for 3 hours, and a TV for 2 hours.
*There are 10 million people who share your birthday.
*A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 69 years
*The left lung is smaller than the right lung to make room for the heart.
*The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar an England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.
*You share your birthday with at least 9 million other people in the world.
*A kangaroo can't jump unless it's tail is touching the ground.
*A person uses approximately fifty-seven sheets of toilet paper each day.
References used: http://www.2020site.org/fun-facts/Fun-Toilet-Facts.html; http://www.extremefunnyhumor.com/funfacts_3.htm; http://www.berro.com/entertainment/general_interesting_facts.htm; http://www.funfactz.com/language-facts/; http://bsnprogram.com/2010/50-incredibly-weird-facts-about-the-human-body/; http://www.bored.com/; http://www.hamovhotov.com; http://www.blindloop.com/index.php/2012/01/20-bathroom-facts-you-never-knew/; http://www.hemmy.net/2006/04/30/50-interesting-facts/;http://www.smithspumps.com/id59.html;http://today.wmit.net.au/; www.planetgreenrecycling.net.au;http://www.life123.com/home-garden/plumbing/toilets/fun-toilet-facts.shtml;http://www.bored.com/greatfacts/; http://www.interestingfacts.net/;http://www.omg-facts.com/category/4/Animals